cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges and add on options in Morocco

Moyerc
Investigator
Investigator

Hi folks. I'm in Morocco for 4 days but am not finding my options on the EE site for data usage charges (Internet) nor my add on options for roaming. I'm on a pre 2020 pay monthly plan with data roaming enabled, as I spend much of my time in the EU. Any tips for minimum use, ie maps when away from WiFi. No need for phone use nor texts! Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Moyerc 

All the costs are here 

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/price-plans/paym/pay-monthly/ee-pay-monthly-standard-...

Morocco is a Zone C country for Data roaming

Your allowances dont apply in Morocco

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Moyerc 

All the costs are here 

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/price-plans/paym/pay-monthly/ee-pay-monthly-standard-...

Morocco is a Zone C country for Data roaming

Your allowances dont apply in Morocco

Moyerc
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for this. I still believe EE could make data roaming charges for specific countries more obvious than having to wading through a 16 page document. 

@Moyerc wrote:

Thanks for this. I still believe EE could make data roaming charges for specific countries more obvious than having to wading through a 16 page document. 

Roaming charges for all countries are listed at https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs

Data roaming is just a phone function that enables the apps on it to use a foreign network where available - it's not a network/account-level option.

Yes, aware of that and the link you shared does not give roaming charges. For that you have to go through the 16 page document that the previous reply sent. It is not easy to find your country charges. It just isn't. I've found Morocco's now thanks but EE could make this process much more customer friendly! 

@Moyerc wrote:

I still believe EE could make data roaming charges for specific countries more obvious than having to wading through a 16 page document. 

Specifically, as it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual UK allowances there but will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/morocco .

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to ensure roaming is enabled on your account.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

You’re correct. To have to read a 16 page pdf to find the cost is not good customer service.

To save anyone else the effort, it’s so expensive it’s pointless, which may be why EE make it so hard to find.

As Morocco is zone C, it’s says you can add a data add-on for

£5.70 inc vat per day, which will give you 8MB (enough to email 2 x 4MB photos!).

£11.42 inc vat for 20MB

£28.54 for 45MB (it mentions 7 days, but doesn’t say whether you have 7 days to use it, or it’s 45MB every day, for 7 days.

£57.20 for 110MB.

I arrived at Marrakech airport today around 7pm, and bought a data sim in baggage reclaim from Maroc Telecom (just needed to show my passport, and they set it up for me and made sure it was working. It took about 5 minutes total).

It was 20 Euro for 20GB (20,000MB), 30 Euro for 30 GB, or 40 Euro for 40GB including a free sim.

Exactly what I did. EE is letting its customers down with these extortionate rates when outside Europe but local SIMs are absolutely the way to avoid large roaming charges! 

Actually looking at what you bought and the cost, I was able to get twice that amount of data for less at a small street stall, which my hotel manager took me too in the Medina. 

JRLondon, thank you very much for continuing where I gave up. Those charges are rediculous.

The EE community here sucks as well - individual members like you are great, but in this thread alone a "Maestro", "Prodigious Contributor " AND a "Grand Master" would you believe, all churned out the same F**ing link, without even reading your responses.

I didn't choose to be with EE, plusnet shut down their mobile service, and this is already making me think of leaving.

I'm going to buy a SIM in the airport - I appreciate the SIM price breakdown too! Cheers.