cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE APN Settings: Where to find them

Alondonboy
Investigator
Investigator

I'm not particularly clued up on network connections but think what I'm trying to do should be pretty simple. I have an EE mini hub and am trying to use the chip from it in another minihub I've purchased. In the APN Configuration settings I've put the following:

Name - EE internet

APN - everywhere

User - eesecure

Password - secure

Auth - None (options - None/PAP-CHAP-CHAP/PAP)

Not getting any internet connection. Is something there wrong or is there any other information I need to input?

TIA

17 REPLIES 17
Alondonboy
Investigator
Investigator

Yes. As I've stated it works fine in the EE minihub but I'm trying to get it to work in the one I've purchased before I have to return it because:

1. To see if I can get a better signal.

2. Know my hub is prepared so once returned I can buy an EE data sim.

I don't want to be going through all this at a time I need to be using it when I could be preparing now with the one I have.

Thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Alondonboy 

These are the correct settings, does any other SIM card work in the new router? 

Leanne.

Alondonboy
Investigator
Investigator

I don't have any other to try. My phone sim is O2 and apparently they don't work in a minihub. The whole purpose of trying to use the EE one is that  I know it works and would probably take up a contract with EE after so settings should be good to go.

Not being clued up on this doesn't help as not sure if these are the only settings I need to enter.

Leanne_T

Where did you purchase the new router? @Alondonboy 

Is the router unlocked?

Leanne. 

Alondonboy
Investigator
Investigator

Online. It's unlocked and supposed to work with almost all networks. I think it's more me doing something wrong as have no idea about setting it up

You shouldn't really need to set anything up. The APN would get auto set from the initial connection with the EE network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Alondonboy
Investigator
Investigator

Something's not right then

Leanne_T

Morning @Alondonboy 

I would suggest contacting the seller of the router if no connection i showing and the SIM is working in another device. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.