Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with data gifting

Yayabociana
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I’m struggling to gift some data . I have two contracts . One is my personal phone and another one sim only stays in my iPad at all the time .

On my personal account I have only 10 gb of data and unlimited in iPad. I was advised to do it that way to save some money as I should be able to gift 100 gb from unlimited one to personal . 

It works for 3-4 months then I was unable to gift data in November and then now . 

my allowance restarts every 13th   I had to buy extra data for my phone as I already runed out of 10gb 

Every time for last a couple of days when I’m trying to gift data to myself ee app and website saying - Hold it …

(Number)can’t gift data right now . Make sure they have enough data left to gift (if their plan lets them gift data ) 

I’m 100% sure that’s I haven’t get any data this month   It’s not a first time 

Can anybody helps me to resolve this issue ? I’m extremely disappointed as my job role relaying on being all the time online 

There’s no complain about ee as in my believing it’s best uk network but I hope I could go back in time don’t listen to this ee consultant advising me to get lower contract on phone as I will be able to gift myself data from other contract . 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To your first question re Auto Gifting the answer is No.

To answer the second question, once you have gifted your 100gb gift allowance to the other SIM, then it's done and dusted, you can use both SIMs at the same time as normal. Ie, Unlimited Data on one and 100gb plus the normal Data Allowance on the other as normal.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you in UK? 

Are both nos. under the same MyEE family a/c, not PAYG? You need to be to be able to gift data. See Gift Your Data and Set Controls .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes I’m.  Both contracts are in same a/c. Both pay monthly.  Like I said I was able to gift data without any problems for almost a year but not in November 2021 and January 2022 for some reasons 

Hi @Yayabociana ,

Do you try to gift data immediately after your allowance refreshes so that you don't start eating into your giftable amount?

Do you use much data on the iPad such that you consume the giftable amount before you try to gift data?

I recommend that you contact EE to inform them that their broken system is unfairly costing you money and you request that the Data Add-ons be refunded which you bought based on EE's broken systems and their bad advice. You could ask if the adviser can get authorization to manually gift on your behalf.

If your phone can take two physical SIMs, one workaround is to move the iPad SIM. You could look into whether you can swap the SIMs around but any calls made to the number would need to cause your mobile to ring and be receivable there which would be fine for internet and data calls.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You state that your Monthly Refresh date is the 13th but today is the 28th so your already into half way through the month, so there's a good chance your 100gb of Giftable data has already been used up by using the iPad.

The best way to go is to Gift all of your 100gb on the first day of your Refresh date otherwise the first 100gb you use on your Unlimited SIM will eat into your Gift allowance, So when you pass 100gb on the iPad you got nothing left to gift as it's been used up.

I think that’s the problem.   I wasn’t aware that’s first 100gb is giftable. ! 
so is there a way to automate gift to send 100gb right after allowance restarts ? 

also maybe I will be able to use sim in my iPad and e sim in iPhone just for data on same time ? Or it is only 1 data sim/esim at the time 

thanks 

To your first question re Auto Gifting the answer is No.

To answer the second question, once you have gifted your 100gb gift allowance to the other SIM, then it's done and dusted, you can use both SIMs at the same time as normal. Ie, Unlimited Data on one and 100gb plus the normal Data Allowance on the other as normal.

Hi @Yayabociana ,

You should be able to use My EE and the links below to keep track of your giftable allowance. Gifting immediately on refresh is best.

If you have a dual-SIM phone with two SIMs inserted, you should be able to choose which to use for calls, messages, and data separately, just to keep you going until the next refresh when you can maximize value and gift properly on refresh.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net