cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor data speeds on 4G

TomH1
Explorer

Mlwe have four EE handsets in our household, each on a contract. All four have been experiencing slow mobile data speeds. The phones each state 4G in the info bar at the top of the screen but the speed is temperamental at best. 

As an example, I keep being kicked off my show because it tells me I must have an internet connection to stream the programme. This, despite being permanently connected to 4 G the whole time. It was not like this a week ago.  There is definitely something wrong with the connection. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? My area postcode is HP41HN. 

I can't seem to find any other way of informing EE that there is an issue aside from this or spending 30+ minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone on the phone - also a ridiculous customer service failure but paying for a data service that I am not getting or is substandard is not good enough!

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TomH1  You can use THIS to see if there is a known issue in your area.  Just just fill it out and click the check status tab.    You can report any issues on that page also.  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The advice to check the status page and also use the "report a problem" link on there is well worth following.

As a more general point, do you have any issues with making voice calls?

WMH
Explorer

I have had a similar experience & actually raised a complaint with EE. The solution they suggested?? Enable wi-fi calling. So in EE's technical opinion I need to pay for broadband to make sure that I can use my mobile, what a joke! I don't have any plans to shave a celebrity remotely but I would like to be able to make voice calls & search online.

@WMH wrote:

I have had a similar experience & actually raised a complaint with EE. The solution they suggested?? Enable wi-fi calling. So in EE's technical opinion I need to pay for broadband to make sure that I can use my mobile, what a joke!

Without full knowledge of your "similar" experiences, it's hard to comment in detail.

However, I don't see why the suggestion of using WiFi-calling to mitigate an indoor coverage issue is a joke. It's a valid way of using a pre-existing broadband/wireless setup to allow use of your phone when it wouldn't otherwise be possible.

The reason I call it a joke is that I pay for mobile coverage, how can the default for poor service be for me to use broadband? EE have an advertising campaign running at the moment showing how great the network is, in my view it's false advertising. I work all over the country & very rarely get service that is anywhere near acceptable never mind the speed & stability claimed. I suppose with hindsight "joke" is incorrect, actually it's not funny at all.

This thread was started by @TomH1 seeking help and other issues are best dealt with separately.

However, I'm sure EE's motivation in suggesting the use of WiFi-calling was to allow you to use your phone when you wouldn't otherwise be able to. It's the nature of mobile technology that 100% indoor coverage is - with the best of network planning - near impossible.

Question for the original poster in this thread, @TomH1 - do you have any issues with making or receiving voice calls when your data is problematic? And how long have these issues been ongoing?