cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Marticapo1234
Explorer

I cancelled my contract with EE after many years as I moved away from the UK. I stopped using my EE card for a few weeks. Then I switched my English phone back on and it has been saying no service for weeks now. I never had an issue using it abroad before. I urgently need to receive a message on this number to recover my IG profile, as I have the two factor authentification code sent there. Please help , thank you 

8 REPLIES 8
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Marticapo1234 ,

Welcome to the community,

You say you cancelled your contract, but did you change to pay as you go and how long ago is it since you used your phone, as it will not be usable after a certain amount of time of no use and goes into hibernation and then eventually the number will be lost, also if you changed to pay as you go, did you use your phone before going abroad.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Thank you for your reply! I used my phone until the 17.06.22, the day my
contract ended. I called 150 to cancel my contract and the operator I spoke
with didn’t ask anything else. I’m not sure if he switched me to pay as you
go. I haven’t received any notifications from EE saying that after a
certain period of time my number would get lost. It’s very important for me
to receive that text. What can I do?
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You would only be switched to PAYG if you requested it. 

You asked for your contract to be terminated which EE did. You have now lost that number. Hopefully you have other methods to retrieve your IG account?

I only asked to stop paying monthly as I didn't need that anymore as I was
about to spend a period of time abroad. I never asked for my sim card to be
cancelled completely and my number lost. They are two separate things , I
don't understand!!!
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Stopping pay monthly is cancelling your contract. You cannot pause a pay monthly contract. Only cancelling your contract will stop you paying for it. EE appear to have done what you asked them here. There may be some miscommunication but I doubt EE would suggest PAYG if they knew you were going abroad either.

@Marticapo1234 , You should have asked to be put on a pay as you go and then used the SIM card before going abroad, then you would not have lost the number, by cancelling the contract is does look like you have actually lost the number as well.

You should be able to retrieve your IG account by other means, though, I would have thought.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Thank you, you have been helpful. I hope the man I spoke with over the
phone knew a bit more about his job. Now I have lost my IG account as there
is no other way of accessing it, plus I had zero intention of letting go of
my number. I just wanted to pay as you go.

@Marticapo1234 , here you should be able to retrieve your account by logging in:

https://www.ig.com/uk/login

You can also click on their homepage, there is round the clock support, hope this helps, you could write to them and they should be able to help.