cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mobile data

sarahjh7
Visitor

I have 25gb of data a month. Always had the same contract. The past few months since January I am now using up my mobile data before the end of the month, which has never ever happened before. for example my allowance renews on the 27th of each month and I have already used 80% in 10 days this month? My usage isn’t anymore than pre Christmas, I don’t have any answers to why all of a sudden I am running out within days of allowance refresh. I phoned EE and they said Instagram stories take up a lot of data but I always looked at them pre Christmas too!I have turned everything off mobile satay other than essential apps, but doesn’t help.  I am adamant that something else is happening  or someone is stealing my data.it is getting ridiculous now. 

16 REPLIES 16
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @sarahjh7 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you use WiFi when at home? 

Which device are you using? 

Have you changed the device recently? 

Leanne 🙂

I added had 54 mb Data 3 days ago and added 100mg boost. I am now being advised/show that I have NO data.  WHY?

Christopher_G

Hi @Basca5 

Welcome to the community.

Are you abroad or in the UK? 

Chris

I live in the UK and have not been out of the country in over 6 months
Christopher_G

OK, thank you, @Basca5 

Those are relatively small allowances, that's the reason why I was asking about being abroad, in case they were roaming add-ons.

Were they definitely 54MB and 100MB add-ons?

Chris

Yes!  I responded to '150' for my free DATA boost of 100MB on Monday 26 June.  At 14.16 I received confirmation that this would be added to my pack straight away.  
Onl Tuesday 27th June at 18.49 I received another 150 notification stating that I have used 80% of my data, etc, then followed by Don't worry, you'll get a text when you hit 100%
at 18.44 on Wednesday 28th June I received a 150 alert stating "You've used all the data from your pack"
Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Basca5 

What is it that you use your phone for, mobile data-wise? To give you a point of reference, watching a video on YouTube could use 100MB in less than half an hour, depending on the video quality.

Chris

My phone is used mainly to What'sApp, Message, occasionally FaceBook and check emails (I rarely use the phone to reply)  I also take the occasional photograph or video by mistake.  I wouldn't even know where to start with Netflix or anything else.

My useage has never been excessive. I WhatsApp, Message, Messenger, Accept emails but rarely respond that way, have limited Facebook use though do occasionally use Goggle.  I mainly use a home computer for everything. I do not have Netflix or anything else on my phone.