cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data - switch off parental control

ricardo1603
Investigator
Investigator

I have a EE card that I use for portable mobile data. I had read that in order to be able to switch off Parental Controls I could adhere to a Monthly plan and so I would be able to do it online. I subscribed a plan to then realise that this plan is still considered "Pay as you go" only so I had to go to a store. I went to a store yesterday, 10 miles from my home, and there I was told they could not switch off parental controls as I needed to register my account which had not been done yet and that I could not do online. So I had to call customer support (which I had tried before - long waits, no response, money spent). I tried to get through yesterday while in store, in line for half an hour, I could not get through and had to go back to work. I managed to get through to the customer service line today, registered my account and I was "offered" to switch to a monthly payment plan so I could have the parental controls switched off immediately. It did not suit my current needs so I said no and because of that I have been advised again that I needed to go to a store. I keep going around in circles and no problem gets resolved, only money wasted travelling to stores, in vain. These customer services are ridiculous and based on this experience I would not recommend EE to anybody. I tried to make a complaint, and I could not because no complaints with more than 500 words are accepted. 

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Then keep it short! It should be possible. No need to be so wordy.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18. Alternatively you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

That does not help at all ! Thank you robot !

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ricardo1603 

I am sorry to hear this. 

If you can visit a store again when you get the chance they will get the content lock removed for you to access all sites with the pay as you go SIM card. 

For the online form, if you include  details of the complaint, when the team contact you they can take further information from you. 

Leanne. 

Thank you!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

No problem @ricardo1603 

Let me know how you get on. 

Leanne.