cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living Abroad and gifting data home top UK

Ryan_25
Explorer

In the next 3 months I'm going to have to relocate to Europe (in the EU for sure) for work for a few years. My plan is to upgrade my SIM so I can use it around Europe, included in my plan.

I have another 3 SIM only deals connected to my current plan, and I gift my kids data each month, without problems.

I remember when I worked in Dubai for 4 months during the pandemic, I couldn't gift data to them, when my plan allocation renewed each month. I guess this was because I was outside EU...?

My question is; Can I live in EU and continue to gift data back to UK each and every month (when the plan allocation resets) as this would allow me to continue with my same set up and I will just need to upgrade my package so I don't need to find WIFI everywhere, as I do at the moment, to avoid the data fees involved with travelling for work...

Any advice please

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, what you experienced in Dubai does not occur in the EU.

When you are in a country, like UAE, where you cannot use your UK allowances, when your allowances refresh on your billing date you may no longer gift data until you return to the UK. In EU you are able to use your UK allowances.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Ryan_25
Explorer

Perfect and thanks for the swift reply XraySpeX

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)