Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dubai - Travel Data Pass

DasGakhal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I’m going to Dubai tomorrow. 

just called EE and got told they can’t add the travel data pass to my account as I am on the full works plan. Paying over £100 a month and not being able to add the pass seems crazy as you still have to pay for the travel data pass (£6.85 a day).

the question is will I still be able to buy data when I land and i just won’t be able to benefit from the cost saving of the travel data pass? 

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you tried texting TRAVEL to 150?

You'll be offered data add-ons upon landing:Capture.JPG

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
DasGakhal
Contributor
Contributor

But does any one know why I can’t add the travel data pass to my account on the full works plan. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm not sure of a reason why you can't have it, @DasGakhal. Have you tried texting TRAVEL to 150 as @XRaySpeX suggested?

Chris

One year on and EE still hasn't resolved this. Started on Sunday by trying to text TRAVEL to 150, got repeated error message. Called to speak to someone and the nightmare began. In an attempt to resolve the issue the guide changed my account from Full Works IP to an all rounder plan this allowed  him to add the data pass but has wiped out the Apple One subscription. Nothing is working properly now. Cloud storage has vanished, cant access any of my music and my unlimited data has been removed along with News, TV and arcade. I assume when I arrive at my destination on Friday that roaming will also not be working correctly if this isn't resolved today.  We are on the 6th operative now to try and resolve this with supervisors involved at every stage. No one seems able to resolve this so far. Waiting for a call back at 12 noon. Very stressful, also disappointed that this is obviously a long term issue, would have been a lot simpler if the guide knew about this long term issue and simply said you cant have a travel data pass on the full works package. How hard can it be to put me back on the full works plan                                                                                                                                 *baffled*.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Easy_H 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Please let us know how you get on when the team get back to you with an update. 

Thanks.

Leanne.