cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double data text. Is it a scam or real.

Georgie1745
Investigator
Investigator

Received a text from EE. Double data. BT and are one family etc, reply by texting DOUBLE. Is it a scam or fr9m EE please. 

29 REPLIES 29

Hi James - i got the same message, I am a BT client, though am not a BT halo client - should i reply ? is there a way to sign up online rather than via text ? 

I'm not on Halo either but am a BT customer too. it's worked fine for me. I also got offered unlimited data for the month of my birthday. Yes I do wish it didn't all come by text I agree with your concern.

cluthab
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My wife got the text today and it led with my name probably as her phone was purchased from EE by me in store.

I have had no offer of double data. Both our phones + WiFi are with EE

Please explain

SAFA1234
Explorer

I just replied with Double and seems to work - it shows up on my account as a Free Add-on; data is doubled - now the next Q is why only now EE? i've had both since the start of my contract - and from these threads it seems like a similar text has been going out to people for years prior? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi all.

The offer is legitimately from EE. If you haven't received a text and you would like to check your eligibility,  our customer care team on 150 can check for you.

I'm not sure why you haven't received the offer previously, @SAFA1234. Our customer care team could look into that for you too.

Chris

Hi James I am an bt and ee customer. How do I claim the double data? Thanks. 

Katie_B

Good afternoon @Emmarouty

Those eligible for the offer will receive a text in which they can claim double data. 

Katie

Hello

I’ve received this text: not sure if im a halo customer but certainly with BT. I the text number it’s come from legit then to confirm,  1122? Thank you 

Leanne_T

Hi @LouG30 

Thanks for coming here. 

This is a genuine message if you have eligible BT & EE products, and you can activate this by following the information in the text message.

Leanne 🙂 

I sent text but not received double data how do I check why