Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Data Message

MrsC16
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I've had a message from 1122 to say I can get double data as I'm also a BT broadband member. It says if I reply with the word DOUBLE it will be added. 

When I replied to the message it then says it'll charge me to send. Is this just a standard network rate message and can it be trusted?

Thanks 

28 REPLIES 28

Hi thank you for your response. I have replied to it but 'Message not sent' is the response. Followed by tap to resend, that doesn't work either.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sapmeister 

Are you using the standard messaging app or a third party installed app? 

Leanne.

duncan2000
Visitor

I complained to EE about this aster was nothing in the text to indicate it was genuine. My first name is also the first part of my email address and nothing else was included. It is incredible that mobile networks use text to communicate when they know just how weak the security is. Very poor  

Leanne_T

Hi @duncan2000 

Sorry for any confusion regarding the double data offer. 

Has this now been added to your account? 

Leanne.

It seems my phone detected the TRICK.

By replying as requested you unblock all phone numbers in your phone's list of blocked numbers , plus any phone numbers reach you for the next following 2 hours.

Isn't this a scam to unblock all other scamers? 

Leanne_T

Hi @Mazzini 

The double data offer is a genuine message from EE if you have an eligible EE and BT product. 

Leanne. 

Thank you for reassurance Leanne_T 🙂

Just got this text:

Hi from EE. Great news! We've just doubled your mobile data for free. All to say thanks for having BT and EE products in your home.

Leanne_T

No problem @Mazzini 

Enjoy your double data 🙂

Leanne.

Danudry
Visitor

Hi, I have had a message saying I can get double double data for free. Is this for 1 month or until end of contract? 

James_B

Hi @Danudry,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You'll continue to receive the double data while you have your eligible products with BT and EE.

James