cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Trina6466
Investigator
Investigator

I've got 60 gig on my phone and this month the data has been eaten up very quickly even though it's mainly connected to WI-FI - 

Checked app usage and nothing new showing and this has never happened before only this month - any ideas appreciated 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Trina6466 

To get this looked into further, please get in touch with our mobile care team on 150. They can check the data usage and see what could have caused this for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T

Hi @Trina6466 

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

Can you text BALANCE to 150, and let me know the full reply? 

Have you had any software updates on your device recently? 

Does the app usage show what has used the data? 

Leanne.

Saying I have 9.6 GB left from 61GB - not saying or showing what's eating
up the data. It's only happened this month - not sure of any updates
Leanne_T

Thanks @Trina6466 

To get this looked into further, please get in touch with our mobile care team on 150. They can check the data usage and see what could have caused this for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Thank you very much for your help. Phoning 150 resolved the problem 

James_B

I'm happy to hear the team were able to help @Trina6466 

Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

James

I'm late replying to this thread but I came on here out of interest because I have a BT Mobile SIM and this has happened to me on 3 occasions, May, June & August and each time they say its You Tube usage. I gave them the benefit of the doubt the 1st time, but when it happened again in June, I'd specifically checked that data was off before allowing my granddaugher 10 mins of nursery rymthms on You Tube, but no sooner had she come off than I got the SMS to say I'd used nearly 5GB of data. After this occasion I cleared the cache on You Tube and disabled it. But lo and behold I got stung again, 2nd August again 4.77GB over a 2 day period. Called up BT again to explain the You Tube is disabled and data was off over the 1st/2nd August as not been out of the house, but again they blamed You Tube. The same reports of data spikes are all over the BT Community Forum too. I eventually contacted a colleague in BT ( I am a former employee) and he put a request in for me via a scheme called "Help a Friend" this gets issue flagged straight to Executive complaints. They looked into it and confirmed that data does appear to be used on You Tube but agreed over 4GB is excessive for 10 mins of nursery rythms. They also confirmed that on the last occasion my phone connected at 12:50am through to 12 noon the following day which they agreed was very odd. I've gone to the expense of buying a new phone as they suggested it could be my handset. Only time will tell if this stops it. My data renews tomorrow, today BT account say I've used 5.25gb this cycle, my phone says 532MB, so work that one out. Sorry for the long reply. 

Hi - I've experienced a similar issue with BT Mobile, they say I've used all my data on You Tube even though its disabled. I'm curious as to what EE says used up your data. Thanks

EE said there had been an issue on their end that any usage on YouTube was
showing as double and more on the data charges - they replaced the data on
my package

Hope you get sorted

Out of interest do you normally use You Tube, as I don't but that's what BT say is eating my data.