Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data rates slow and ping ridiculously high

Tucks66
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I moved from Three to EE around August last year and for the majority of the time my service has been ok.
The past few months however I've noticed (especially at my work) that my speeds have dropped from the ~30Mb/s down and <100ms ping I was getting, to often ~6Mb/s and >350ms (sometimes over 1000ms) on 4G+ and 5G (I've tried switching back to 4G in case 5G  signal was an issue as the coverage map says 5G isnt always available indoors here.)

So far I've tried:
Restarting the phone
Moving to different locations at my work to see if signal is being blocked (I've tried high up in the offices, low down, rear carpark and front carpark near the road, all give similar results)
Doing a manual roam
updating firmware

Nothing so far has worked and I;m getting a bit fed up with it now, it was great for the first few months of the contract and now I'm struggling to reliably load webpages, let alone being completely unable to watch videos sometimes and playing a game is out the question (which makes for a very boring lunch hour when I'm on my own!)

It's worth mentioning this isn't all of the time, there are occasional (and i mean occasional) perods where for 10-15 minutes speed and ping are OK, not back to how it was at the start of the contract but enough to watch 720p video and load websites without exceptionally long wait times or image loading issues.

Any idea what might cause this? I don't really want to go down the route of complaints escalation and breach of contract because it's hassle... but I will if I'm locked into a contract for the next 12 months with reliability as bad as this.

4 REPLIES 4
Tucks66
Investigator
Investigator

photo_2024-01-13_10-16-49.jpg

photo_2024-01-13_10-16-48.jpg

photo_2024-01-13_10-16-47.jpg

photo_2024-01-13_10-16-46.jpg

photo_2024-01-13_10-16-43.jpg

     

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tucks66 

Welcome to the community.

Have you checked the status of your network on our coverage checker? If you pop the postcode in and hit 'check status', it'll let you know if we're aware of any maintenance works in your area.

Chris

Hi Chris

I've just checked and it says:
image.png

I'm not seeing much improvement though, ping is still over 1100ms on the upload, download has gone from the 6-7mb/s to 20ish which is a great improvement but the ping is still 500ms, still getting the issues with websites, videos etc.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Could you hit the 'Report a Problem' button and fill in the details please, @Tucks66 

That way our network team will be able to check the performance of the masts in the area again.

Chris