cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Query - Help Please From Community to better Understand EE Response

Formario
Visitor

Received a text after approx 10 days that I had burned through 20GB of data over the Christmas period when I had hardly used my phone and anyway was connected to home super-fast Wi-Fi.

EE have not been able to provide a specific breakdown of use other than percentages related to apps which set out c60% of the usage related to Google and iCloud.

This truly does not make sense and have asked them to come back with more detail which so far has not happened.

This looks like a mistake to me and have heard of another instance of a similar thing happening to someone else.

Can the community share any thoughts/ insight on this and how to manage with EE - their response was to sell a bigger data package rather than try to explain the anomaly which I feel is the wrong approach.

I look forward to feedback which will be gratefully received.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The best place to look for how data is being used by individual apps is on your phone itself.

The precise location will vary between Apple & Android, but a data-counter facility should be under your device's data connection options.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Formario 

Thanks for coming here. 

Which phone are you using? 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The best place to look for how data is being used by individual apps is on your phone itself.

The precise location will vary between Apple & Android, but a data-counter facility should be under your device's data connection options.