cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Gifting not working

DANKALMS
Investigator
Investigator

I have been trying to gift data all morning but I cannot seem to do it.

I get a warning "Sorry, we can't show this device's data right now. Please try again later."

There is no indication  of how long this will take, or what the problem is.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DANKALMS 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening with your My EE account. 

To get this looked into, please call us on 150 and our mobile care team can run through some troubleshooting and raise a support ticket if needed. 

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @DANKALMS 

Have you tried this on the EE website or app? And have you successfully transferred data in the past?

Give it a go on whichever you haven't used yet.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
DANKALMS
Investigator
Investigator

I have done this many times in the past - every month in fact, using the website.

Today it is still not working.

Same error message.

DANKALMS
Investigator
Investigator

The ap is also not working at this time

Leanne_T

Hi @DANKALMS 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening with your My EE account. 

To get this looked into, please call us on 150 and our mobile care team can run through some troubleshooting and raise a support ticket if needed. 

Leanne 🙂

Tolondro23
Visitor

It is really annoying, with all the glorious features EE appears to be boasting about this should not be happening.

Data gifting does not work either on my app nor on the web through the browser. When trying to contact 150 I am being send around in circles.

I am sure you can do better than that. It is just not acceptable for such a basic and in many cases essential feature not to

work with nobody seeming to bother with fixing it.

Leanne_T

Hi @Tolondro23 

Thanks for coming here. 

Has this worked previously for you? 

If so, what happens when you try and gift data? 

Leanne.

Yes, I have the same issue too - very frustrating! Come on EE can’t be difficult to fix this.

Katie_B

Good morning @Kitweuk

Are you trying to this via the app or My EE online?

Katie

Hi Katie,

It is both the app and My EE online - at the moment on the app it is saying "No one on your account has enough data to gift" but I have an unlimited account and haven't gifted any data during this month. With the MY EE online it keeps saying "Sorry, we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later."