cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Lock

philip_phil2022
Explorer

I have a data sim in a mobile wifi dongle. It's the only thing registered to my account with EE. I've been verified and had the content lock removed.

If I add another number from the EE sim in my phone, will that remove the content lock on that number, or do I have to request the lock removed from each individual number? (Or, is content lock removed from my account and any numbers on it, or is it number specific?)

2 REPLIES 2
philip_phil2022
Explorer

Hi folks, forgot to add that these are payg and not pay monthly, if that makes any difference.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Content Lock is number specific.

On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18. Alternatively you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)