Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to the internet on my Sony Ultra without wifi

didyw
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I am soon going to be attending an outdoor market in a place that doesn't have wifi.  How can I take card payments via my app using my mobile data?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@didyw  It’ll work the same as when using Wi-Fi. You just need to allow the app to use cellular data. 

Hi
Thanks for that - but when I switch my phone to mobile data I get a 2GB warning and when I try to access the internet I just get a message saying I am currently offline.
I am anxious to be able to be able to use my card payment app.  Do I need to top up?  Although when I log into my EE account on my laptop I am told I still have 5.5gb of data left.
What to do?
didyw
Investigator
Investigator
Thanks for that - but when I switch my phone to mobile data I get a 2GB warning and when I try to access the internet I just get a message saying I am currently offline.

I am anxious to be able to be able to use my card payment app.  Do I need to top up?  Although when I log into my EE account on my laptop I am told I still have 5.5gb of data left.

What to do?
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @didyw,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What is the full warning message you see? Have you set a data limit in your mobile data settings?

James

What does texting AL to 150 from it fully report verbatim (it is free)?

I believe the 2GB warning is just the phone's Data Usage default setting for what it thinks is your data limit. It does not know anything about your EE data allowance. You probably need to change its figure & end of billing period to fit EE's.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's an aside to the question in this thread, but I would be wary about using unsecured public WiFi for any secure or financial purposes.

I'd imagine the amount of data usage to be quite minimal.