cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Data

leighton905
Contributor
Contributor

I've just taken out a 1GB SIM only 24 month for my daughter to use in my old phone. It's a 2nd line on my 100gb essentials plan. 

The idea is I would top up her data from my 100gb as I never use it all.

SIM came today, activated, and working fine. However no option in the MyEE app to gift any data. 

Just had an online chat with support via the app and I've been told I will be able to share data but no for the first 2-3 months. 

Is this correct? 

Call me cynical but it sounds like I was just being pushed back to wait beyond the cancellation period before I get told it's not possible on my plan or something. 

Can anyone please confirm either way for me.

Many thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I called up as wasn't confident will the online chat, and was told that the SIM sent out wasn't eligible. To be fair the advisor resolved it and I now have plenty of data for my daughter. Glad I didn't wait around.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@leighton905  You should be able to gift data straight the way. 

On the my EE app on the main page click view full usage and the next page then gives you the option to gift data.   Make sure your EE app is up to date. 

I called up as wasn't confident will the online chat, and was told that the SIM sent out wasn't eligible. To be fair the advisor resolved it and I now have plenty of data for my daughter. Glad I didn't wait around.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @leighton905

Leanne.