cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to three

MidgeY2K
Contributor
Contributor

My EE contract (5G broadband) is about to run out on 16th December 2023.

The monthly charge has gone up to £57 a month, with a Fair usage policy of 1TB.

Before I change to Three, which is £20 a month, with no limit, can anyone give me a good reason why not?

Cheers

Jim

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

3 & EE are two different networks with very different strategies, in many areas their 4G coverage overlaps but this is not true everywhere.

Make sure that their coverage & service meets your requirements in all the areas you'll want to use your phone - this is true of any change of networks. It's far easier to identify coverage issues before moving, than after.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, unless money is no option to you then why wouldn't you want to save money. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks, but I am referring to 5G broadband, using a router, and potentially an aerial. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MidgeY2K 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

To discuss your options and see what is available with us, please call our mobile guides on 0800 956 6000 and they will get this looked into for you.

Leanne.

uStoleMyCredit
Explorer

I tried a SMARTY unlimited monthly SIM  £20 (THREE network but cheaper) in a 4G dongle and got up to 70Mbps in the small hours but during peak hours the speed was awful due to congestion. I'm now trying a Lyca £10pm offer for 3 months (so called unlimited SIM but 450GB fair use in the small print..) on EE's network and the speeds better but I'm still having the occasional issue in the evenings due to congestion (so bad I switched to 3G a couple of times).

I'm on the edge of 5G when I check the coverage maps but get excellent 4G coverage (5 bars -83dBm) so I wanted to try 4G before committing to a long contract or spending a fortune on a 5G router of my own and the congestion issues have put me off. It seems to be pot luck I've read of people getting 800Mbps on Three's 5G network and others complaining it slows down during peak hours so they've cancelled. Which ever service you pick I'd suggest signing up for a month to test it before taking on an 18 month contract to get the lower price, THREE also recently had a national outage. 

I wouldn't pay anywhere near £57 a month for mobile broadband on an 12/18 month contract, anything over £30 and I'd just pay a little more for a 500Mbps+ FTTP connection which will give a much more reliable connection, consistent speeds and lower pings.

EE prices are awful I have an old PAYG phone that was with Orange, since EE took over they have put the price up to 40p a minute / 40p a txt. For some reason I discovered I was blocked from adding a call/txt  bundle this was when I was in A&E with an extremely ill relative and fielding messages until my credit ran out. I can't even see the bundles / add on’s when I log into MyEE because I only have a few pounds credit, it's absurd that you can't see the add on prices without first adding more credit. I believe EE  wants to force all of its PAYG customers to either leave or sign up for a contract so I'll be leaving soon, they should never have been allowed to take over Orange their business practices are a disgrace.