dongle

Winston8
Visitor

Hi there

I recently discovered through my bank that I am still paying  a monthly fee for a Dongle I purchased 7 and a half years ago and used for approximately 2 months while in a previous employment.  I have called EE several times to get this contract cancelled but have got nowhere. I keep getting told I need my account details in order to discus. I have no account details and have not had these details for 7 years. I was advised to try a web address supplied by an EE call handler to obtain my details but the address appears to be no longer available. In the interim period I felt I had no choice but to cancel my direct debit and now EE have appointed a debt collection agency to collect what they are saying is an outstanding amount as a result of me cancelling my direct debit. I have no recollection of the phone number the dongle was attached to and can only assume any correspondence in the last 7 years has been sent to this number so I have had no contact with EE. As you can imagine, i am feeling very frustrated with this not to mention the cost I have born over the last 7 years for a service I have not used. I do understand that i am in some way to blame for not realising earlier that i was still paying but It appears that EE will not help me if I don't supply account details which i do not have. Can you please call off the Debt collectors and cancel my account as I am unable to supply the information you are requesting. [Mod edit: Please don't post your name and address in this public forum. Thanks]

2 REPLIES 2
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Winston8,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care as soon as possible to discuss this with a member of the team.

I understand your past frustrations about not be able to get through the security check to access your account. If this happens again the team will advise you on how to verify yourself in person at an EE store.

Hope this helps.

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You need to discuss this with CS. It's not surprising that you don't remember your EE a/c details. You shouldn't need to supply them just to talk to them. They should be able to id you from your name & addys over those years.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)