cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Huawei routers with EE

picamanic
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Huawei b535 and b310 4g routers that I have used with SIMs from three.co.uk: just insert SIMs and power up, connect an ethernet cable into my Linux laptop, and it just works. I am a bit confused by the various EE SIM-only products. What I want is unlimited data, ideally as a PAYG or monthly package. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The routers have a phone socket: would I be able to use that on EE to make calls or send SMS texts? Not crucial.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @picamanic,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You can view our unlimited data SIM plans in our online shop - Pay Monthly Data SIMs | Pay Monthly Data Bundles (ee.co.uk).

You won't be able to make or receive calls but they are capable of receiving text messages.

Hope this helps.

James

Thanks. Your link ee.co.uk/mobile/data-sim# allows me to select a ["1 month",Unlimited] plan for £30.00/month. What happens at the end of the month: does the plan keep rolling over until stopped, or must I explicitly keep renewing it?

I am guessing that there is a registration process which reveals a link to a place where I can make changes to the plan at the end of contracted term, but I can't see that. Maybe I will get this information when I receive the actual SIM?

I did look for answers to my questions in Terms&Conditions, but couldn't find anything.

James_B

Hi @picamanic,

It's a rolling contract so it would automatically renew each month until you give notice to cancel. (The cancellation notice period is 30 days)

James

Thanks.  Last question:  what methods can I use to cancel?  I am nervous about losing or damaging the SIM card [I catually did this with another ISP, and struggled to prove who I was!  Otherwise, EE is looking good as a replacement for my failing ADSL service.

Christopher_G

Hi @picamanic 

You would need to give us a call. You can find our contact information on our contact us page

Chris

Thanks, bye for now.