cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreturned 4G router - £600 charge?!

ishtar2
Explorer

Someone please help! I ordered the EE 4g router for my home, but then decided to go with another provider and cancelled my contract within the 14 day cooling off period. This was back in September, and I have only just realised that I have been charged £50 monthly since then! I assumed this was a mistake on their side and called up to check, but was told that they never received my router back and therefore will continue to charge me monthly until they do. I asked how much a cancellation fee would be and they said £600+. I’m freaking out as I’m pretty sure I sent it all those months ago, but can’t find any receipts / tracking proof which is the only thing they’ll accept. It definitely wasn’t clear that I would be continually charged such a huge amount if they didn’t get it back. Help! I’m struggling to make ends meet and I feel like this is hugely unjust. I’m considering small claims court if I’m forced to pay?
Any advice welcome

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ishtar2 

You'll need to prove you cancelled and returned the device. You can ask EE to check when or if the account was used (data etc) since you called to cancel, that might help. 

However you need to speak to EE about this issue as there is no account access on these forums. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

As said above, I do not have any proof of postage, so unfortunately this is not an option. EE would be able to see that the broadband hasn’t been used since cancellation, or in fact at all as I never plugged it in, but this didn’t seem to make any difference when speaking to EE staff on the phone. 
Do you have any other suggestions? I’m keen to get this sorted as soon as possible, and it is causing me lots of stress. 

EE provides the contracted service. It's up to you whether you make use of it. You still pay for the service as per contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)