cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truly Terrible Speeds on EE Smart 4G Hub

Strylah73
Explorer

I haven't been in a position to make use of a fixed broadband connection for a while as i've had to move around a lot recently,   so opted for a EE Smart 4G Hub to make things a bit easier on myself.

For a little while it was working fine, nothing amazing, occasionally I'd be very lucky and reach the heady highs of a 20mbps download speed according to speedtest.net, but usually it hovers in the 5-10 range.

Recently though....

The signal has been flucuating wildly and I can go from 5mps to 500kbps in the space of 2 minutes offpeak daytime, with 500kbps being the more likely, and during peak hours i'm lucky to get that. If I download things at 2am my speeds make it all the way to 8mbps. 

I've reported the issue several times via EE website and recieved responses saying that no issues have been detected in my area every time. 

In all honesty, I'm just really unhappy with this and am wondering 1) if there's anything that might actually be done to give a consistent even semi decent speed, and 2) if there's any way I can cancel this contract despite being outside the cooling off period.

I'd rather try something different at this point.

Let me know what and how I can provide anything information that would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Strylah73 

Welcome to the community.

What is the estimated coverage like for the area on our Coverage Checker?

To discuss the contract, you'd need to speak to our Mobile Care team, who have access to your account.

Chris

Corster
Investigator
Investigator

Make a complaint, definitely. Tell them how long it's been like it, or how many days it's been unusable. They should credit your next bill at around 3% per day. After all, it's a service you're paying for. If you're not receiving the service agreed in your contract, they shouldn't be charging you for it, as they're in breach of that promise.

I came here looking for answers as to my 4G performance recently. I used to get between 40 Mbps and 80 Mbps. Today, only 1.1.

Hi, Chris,

The coverage for my postcode is excellent both indoors and outdoors with no known network problems at this time or any of the other times I've reported the issue.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks for checking, @Strylah73 

Have you spoken with our Technical Support team?

Chris