cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyQ won’t connect to my EE4G router

Skrunkie
Investigator
Investigator

I have an EE4G router and can’t get it to connect to my SkyQ box. When I search for networks then only the 2.4ghz network is visible. I try to connect to that network and it appears initially to work but then it shows connected for about 5-10 seconds then disconnected for a few seconds and then connected for 5-10 seconds and so on. This goes on continuously and it won’t stay connected This means no on demand services or downloading will work. Everything else I have connected to the EE router throughout the house works with no problems. I’ve even tried hard wiring the Q box directly to the router and it still does the same. Has anybody seen this before?

10 REPLIES 10
Skrunkie
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I have exactly the same problem with my EE4g router. Did you ever get a resolution to this problem?

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Sounds like it's connecting to the Router ok but is then failing on a connect to the Internet test and then just continue in a loop through lack of an Internet connection.

Are there any Network Diagnostic Tests you can do within the Sky Box Settings that may confirm.

My guess would be an IPV6 issues again that seems to be failing the Internet connection, can you set the Routers APN Profile to IPV4 Only.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Skrunkie ,

You may wish to go through the below diagnostic process and may be asked to book an (presumably on-site) engineer.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/setting-up-sky-q/what-sky-equipment-do-you-have

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thank you for your reply. I previously saw a comment about potential IPV6 issues before and have have looked into setting the router to IPV4 only, but unfortunately I couldn’t find out how to do it (if at all it is possible).

Has anyone found out how to do this yet? 

Go to your router admin. 

192.168.1.1 in your browser should do it. Password was given to you with the box.

Go to 

Settings -> Setup -> Profile management

Now take a screenshot / print out of that screen - you will need to copy these setting to create a new default profile.

Click new

Fill in the settings exactly the same (you don't need to add a password) but change the IP Type to IPv4.

Click save and set as default.

Beagles
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found a fix for this yet? I’m having the same issue. When I change it to IPv4 the picture quality on sky is too poor to watch though.

Hi Beagles. Yes i ended up creating a new profile in the router and set it to IPv4 and that solved the problem. I didn't see any change in picture quality with sky itself.

Hi

The 'Dial number' field is blank  but when you create a new profile you are required to put something in. What am I supposed to put in?

Many thanks for any help