cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured, no internet

BrazaiteIn
Investigator
Investigator

Just got a 4GEE router but none of my devices are able to connect. I can find the network but can’t actually connect. It let me earlier but said “Connected, no internet” but now it won’t let me connect at all.

Any ideas?

23 REPLIES 23
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Is your device connected to your new router via WiFi when attempting to connect @BrazaiteIn?

James

Yes, but it just shows the "No internet, secured" message. But it is connected through a dongle.
Phones etc cannot connect to the network at all. It gives me the option to connect to the network, but stays on 5G on my phone rather than swapping over to WiFi.

@BrazaiteIn wrote:

it is connected through a dongle.

What dongle? I thought it is connected by a cable.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
lycious
Investigator
Investigator

he said from the start  it was a dongle I have the same issue ordered a new router if it still gives that problem will be demanding a refund from ee 

lycious
Investigator
Investigator

dongle router that is

Leanne_T

Let us know how you get when the new router arrives @lycious 

Leanne 🙂

lycious
Investigator
Investigator

useless still wont work in dongles but does on phone when i bought this i was assured it would work as you can see from lack of usage. unless you can give me a resolution to the issue i would like to cancel card and have a refund back dated. The whole point was for me to use it in car and i cant 

James_B

Hi @lycious,

Please can you provide some more information on the issue?

Have you purchased a data SIM from EE which is working in your phone, but not a router?

James

I have had a card for more than six months. not been able to use it because of this issue. Not happy that it works in the phone but not in a dongle. Have tried 2 dongles same issue. The problem seems to lie at EE end so I will be calling customer service to get a refund for something I am not able to use. The intension was to have it in my car so i didn't have to keep hot spotting on my phone and before I got the sim I asked the question and was assured it would work. 

Leanne_T

Hi @lycious 

Thanks for coming back here. 

Please get back in touch with our tech gurus, they will get this looked into further for you. 

Leanne.