cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving Texts on 4GEE WiFi Mini

luk3jay
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, does anybody know how to solve this without putting the sim into a phone?

Long story short, I'm abroad and before leaving home i put my sim into a router, connected to a PC which i can log into to read my texts...

Although clunky, it's been working fine for months and has now suddenly stopped receiving messages.

I'm able to access the router and change any settings required, but I can not physically access the sim card.

It's essential that I'm able to see the SMS messages sent to me whilst I'm away!

Thanks in advance...

12 REPLIES 12
I can't call you because I'm abroad. I need an alternative way to contact
you.
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@luk3jay : Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @luk3jay 

You can use a third party calling app such as Skype, all our contact information can be found on our Contact EE page. 

Leanne.