cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable EE 4G MiFi WiFi Device - OCT 2023

TinkerTailor
Contributor
Contributor

A) Can anyone provide the model number + product code and full model identifier, for the latest/most-current 4G MiFi device I can purchase from EE?

B) What is the product support life of this current model? How can I find out? 

(Given that such devices need the occasional patching/firmware-update, I think this is a reasonable question. I do not want to purchase if it will only be supported for another 6/12/24 months before support is pulled).

C) Who is the origional manufacturer & what is their model, that this EE variant is based off?

17 REPLIES 17
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TinkerTailor 

I see you've been given some great product information. Here is the information that I've been able to find:

Description: 4G WIFI
Model: EE72e
EE part Number: 300030846

Our Technical Support team can support you with any faults you may have with the device and there's a 24 month warranty.

Chris

TinkerTailor
Contributor
Contributor

Got my new MiFi Device from the EE store today.

Put my wife's sim (Sim Only) in the device (40gb, utl, utl).

I am able to access the MIFI device's settings page (via wifi) from my iphone. I can access the device settings.

The devices "Connections/Network" tab, says it is connected to the EE network.

But when I try to browse the internet (through the mifi device) on my iphone -  it says there is no connection.

What do I need to do?

(There is 39GB left for the month ahead).

What am I doing wrong?

Leanne_T

Hi @TinkerTailor 

Thanks for coming here. 

Does the SIM connect to the internet in another device? 

Have you restarted the router? 

Leanne.

Okay, so I worked out that it's the VPN on my phone, that was causing the issue. 
It's up and running now.

I need one final bit of support.

Its both Important & Urgent.

The MiFi device has arrived and is working.

I plan to unlock it (so that I have flexibility in the future).

I will be using it with an EE sim for the next year at least. But on occasion, if I am located somewhere where EE's signal happens to be weak, but another providers is stronger (e.g deep inside a hospital wing) I may need to temporarily use another network.

The MiFi device was not bought on contract. It was a Device-only purchase.

I need your answers to be precise and accurate please.

I will be undertaking actions that will be dependant upon your answer to this question:

If I get the Mifi Device Unlocked by EE (I'm assuming its locked at arrival) will it still receive security/firmware updates when they are released?

It's important to me, that my devices are fully patched with any security patches/firmware updates released by the manufacturer in a timely fashion.

I want my devices to be as secure as possible.

I would like to know (conclusively), that if I get EE to unlock the device - will it still receive security patches/firmware updates that can be installed successfully.

I'm very grateful for your continued support.

TinkerTailor

Christopher_G

Hi @TinkerTailor 

Yes, the device will still continue to be supported for software updates, even when unlocked.

Chris

@TinkerTailor wrote:

I plan to unlock it

No need! Device sold nowadays are sold unlocked.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Okay,

@Christopher_G Thank you for your continued support thus far.

I am close to the of my line of enquiry.

The Mifi device I received is:

4G WIFI - Model: EE72e

A) Are they unlocked at the point of delivery?

B) How do I check?

C) Do they lock to the network of any sim, you first put in?

D) If yes, what is the correct unlock procedure?

E) Where can I get a breakdown of the technical specifications of this unit? (Upload/download speeds etc).

Many thanks & Happy New You to everyone that choose to help and contribute.

TinkerTailor

1. Yes. All devices sold today are unlocked by Ofcom edict.
  2. Put another network's SIM in it & see if it works.
  3. No.
  4. N/a
  5. @Eddy2760 's post is probably as close as you can get.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)