cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet coverage in NR12, NR29, NR30, NR31

PonteVedra
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone help me figure out why I have no internet when away from Wifi, pls?  Nothing, even in Great Yarmouth.

I have used only 10% of my monthly data limit.  So that's not it.
Trying to contact a real person at EE has proven totally fruitless.  Maybe because it's Sunday?

TYIA

7 REPLIES 7
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

Hey there check the network status checker for that area to see if there is any reported problems 

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max

Thank you for responding.  I checked earlier and just now.  Says there are no problems

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PonteVedra

Are you aware of anyone else experiencing this?

Can you make calls and texts OK?

Katie

Thank you, Katie B.  Yes, I made one call and it worked OK.  I was sailing in a remote part of Norfolk, though only 5 miles from Yarmouth.  What made me very sensitive was that: 

1) one of my fellow crew members has EE and had no problem at all.  I ended up using his phone as a hotspot while he was there

2) it was very windy indeed and I had a 30 mile journey home by water.

Back home in NR12, there is no service at all.  You may have read about our loss of service here in the national press.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you are having coverage problems in a location where another EE user has service, a 2way SIM swap is the next step.

Try your SIM in the other person's device, and the other person's SIM in your device. See whether the problem follows the SIM or remains with the device.

Thanks to you too.  Nice try.  I have a software SIM and doubt I can easily transfer it.  Gonna try calling the good folks at EE again tomorrow

PV 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

This scenario is one drawback of eSIM. At least by another EE device working in the same location, a network issue can be eliminated.