Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 4G hub stopped working, borrowed one working fine in same location

Kate188
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

Can anyone help? I have purchased a new 4G smart hub last week. For a couple of hours it worked fine in place. All green lights and a good signal. I tried to move it to a different room to test signal strength and it has since stopped working. I returned it to where it originally worked. All green lights when on, still appearing on the network list on numerous devices but it is not connecting to the internet.

To whittle down what could be wrong I have borrowed a neighbour's EE 4G hub. It is working perfectly throughout the house in the same place as my own. My EE mobile has great signal in the same place as the hubs too. So I can only assume it is the new hub having issues. I have reset it numerous times but it is still not connecting. I have also turned it off an on again.

Any help much appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Kate

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kate188 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you able to try the SIM card from the WiFi router in another device? 

If so, do you have signal showing and can access data? 

Leanne 🙂

Kate188
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your reply. Great idea, yes I have swapped the sims over between the new and the borrowed router. The neighbour's sim works in my new router but my sim doesn't work in their router. So not a hardware issue. A Sim issue.

What can I do to access data on my new sim?

Kate

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kate188,

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can check the status of your SIM card.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James