cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data only

Bobo79
Visitor

I got a mini hub and EE data only SIM to use in my campervan,every time I'm trying to set up and link to the account it goes as far as verifying then says it now knows it's a data SIM then doesn't move to link it up,I just topped up using the top up card and not sure it's even worked,any help

5 REPLIES 5
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Bobo79,

I'd recommend checking for problems in your area using the Network & Coverage Tool. Does it show that there are any problems with service in your area?

Enter your postcode.gif
Put in your postcode and choose your device model, then click 'Check Status'.

If not, try resetting your Mini Hub

4g_mini_hub_reset.png

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bobo79 : MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices or at least those with data SIMs. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using your device but you just can't register it to MyEE.

1. Use Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no.
  2. Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from the device will tell you your usage & credit.
  3. Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from the device to buy add-ons.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mark5im0nlyData
Explorer

Screenshot_20230705_060954.jpg

Actually I believe it does. I had the same issues trying to add my data only sim to my account on my Samsung phone. I spent ages going around in circles getting very frustrated. Next day I sat down with my wife who has an iPhone. She logged into the ee app on her phone with my credentials and it seemed to then work. I am not sure of exactly what we did as we're both messing around with it at the same time, so sorry I can't be precise but you could try this if it is an option for you. I was also signing in to the router from the web page link with the admin password at the same time, but didn't change anything whilst doing this. Anyway something miraculously changed and I now see my data only sim in the dashboard on the app. It doesn't tell me how much I have left, I have to consult my router app to get this data. I Still have 40Gb of data left so haven't got to trying to top it up yet, but if problematic I will just buy another card from Argos

@Mark5im0nlyData : That's the app. May I see the landing page of your MyEE ?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Here you go

Screenshot_20230705_165551_Chrome.jpg