cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G ROUTER 2021 dropping internet

BelovedxWarrior
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ever since we got the router it's been losing connection. Phones lose connection. The Alexa devices stop. The TV cuts off.

This happens multiple times day and night. We have to switch the router off and on again.. Wait for everything to connect again..  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

It's driving us mad considering what we pay each month for this service ! 

Connection is apparently very good in our area so why does this keep happening ?! 

The router won't reset - we have tried pushing the reset button with a pin and it does nothing. All lights stay green no matter what. Never seen them change colour.. I think the box is faulty but this is the second one we've had so far.

40 REPLIES 40
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

What's the actual Model Number of the Router?

D412C57

BelovedxWarrior
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It lost connection last night and now won't even reconnect today... just says connection failed. I've turned it off and back on.

This has been going on since we got wifi with EE a year ago ! I'm paying £55 a month. In contract until November.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BelovedxWarrior 

Have you checked the status of the network in your area on our coverage and network status checker?

Chris

Yup, It's fine.

Christopher_G

Have you reported a problem @BelovedxWarrior? That way our network team can investigate it for you.

Chris

No, how can I do this please ? 

Christopher_G

Click on the network status checker link that I posted, pop in your postcode and hit 'check status', @BelovedxWarrior.

If we're not aware of a problem, it will give you the option to report one.

Chris

deppy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Would like to add that I signed up for the 5GEE 2021 5g smart hub/router on Friday, have had constant disconnects every few hours, also have to restart the router. (status page says everything is all ok - full signal, ip addresses etc)

I still have my month to month EE 5G in a Huawei CPE Pro and it doesnt suffer from this problem

Lucky I am in the 14 days cool off so will be returning this router as clearly they have a bug/fault

Weird thing is we use one at the office and its rock solid... different versions/firmware maybe?