cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G ROUTER 2021 dropping internet

BelovedxWarrior
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ever since we got the router it's been losing connection. Phones lose connection. The Alexa devices stop. The TV cuts off.

This happens multiple times day and night. We have to switch the router off and on again.. Wait for everything to connect again..  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

It's driving us mad considering what we pay each month for this service ! 

Connection is apparently very good in our area so why does this keep happening ?! 

The router won't reset - we have tried pushing the reset button with a pin and it does nothing. All lights stay green no matter what. Never seen them change colour.. I think the box is faulty but this is the second one we've had so far.

40 REPLIES 40
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

You would need to give us a call to speak to the technical support team so this can be investigated @deppy 

Let me know how you get on when you get the chance. 

Leanne.

It's been months now and I'm paying for something that isn't working.

My partner has a ton of reports to do for work and can't complete them because we constantly have no connection. It will connect for a few minutes then drop again. 

So we have no tv or security cameras now either.

I've had no help at all.

Once contract is up I'll be leaving. 

Tried and it doesn't work.

tazzyb93
Investigator
Investigator

hi 

i have this box also and i have been having the same issue when i contacted to report the issue on the link provided above i got a message back saying the conection is fine in my area and there are no issues 

i have tried the  sim card in another device and the same thing happened 

Christopher_G

Did you report a problem on the network status checker, @tazzyb93? That way our network team will investigate it.

Chris

Gosh, same issue here. Received my new 5G router on Friday, keeps disconnecting since then, or connected, just no internet traffic. The signal seems perfect.

Should I not even start dealing with customer service? I can see it would be very time-consuming, and might not bring any result.

I have tried a new sim still having the issue it worked fine for a year but is becoming a nightmare now

Kind regards
Tasmin Burrill
Christopher_G

Hi @fazekas8009 and @tazzyb93 

I'd definitely recommend speaking to our technical support team so they can look into this for you.

Chris

I have already spoken to the tech team and have an ongoing case but no luck yet

Kind regards
Tasmin Burrill
Christopher_G

OK, thanks @tazzyb93 

Keep us posted on what happens please.

Chris