Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Router wont work

treez
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

My EE mobile router doesnt work. It has been working sporadically for months, and now seems to have packed up.

It may of course be the power supply. How do i buy another power supply.?

The power supply is...

Huawei
HW-120200802
100-240VAC
12V 2A

The mobile router is

Model B625-261

4GEE Router

s/n WHFDW21515001602

Some of the LEDs still come in with the router. But not any of the 4 "reception" leds. A red led comes on near the "world" icon. There is another green led on.

But it doesnt work.

I have had it for >2 yrs.

I just started a new contract with EE, using the same mobile router, with a mobile phone thrown in (not smartphone).

I line in Ilford , but (try) to use the router all over london.

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @treez 

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried speaking to our technical support team? They'll be able to run through a diagnostic test to see if it's definitely the charger that's at fault. They'll be able to advise you on replacements, if needed.

Chris

treez
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks, it will be weekend before i have time to ring.

I just tried a brand new 12v 2A adapter into the router and it still doesnt work.....gives green ON led, Red "world" LED, and green "radiowave" LED...but none of the 4 "receiver" green leds light....or they do for a bit after power up...but then these 4 leds go off.

So i guess its the router?....or the EE  transmitter in Ilford and in other parts of London isnt very strong?

...Bu tthat cant be it because ive had no trouble with reception over the last 2 years or so up to a few months ago.

Leanne_T

Hi @treez 

When you get the chance to call, our technical support team will run detailed checks to let you know what could be the problem 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

treez
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks very much indeed to your guy at EE....he told me to take the SIM card out and clean it so i did, and now its working again.

I had to put the phone down to do it so he doesnt know he fixed it for me. Thankyou any way, he was a nice Indian guy.

All i did was rub over the metal contacts with  dry toilet paper a bit and put it back in, and it works again.

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know, this is great news @treez 

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Leanne.