cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Broadband and VPN

aliciagarner
Investigator
Investigator

I've recently purchased an unlimited data SIM through EE and a Huawei H112-370 hub. The speed/connection is really good, but neither myself or my partner can connect to our work VPN's. 

If we connect to my mobile phone (with EE) it's not an issue and can connect to work VPN's without a problem. 

I'm unsure whether this is an EE issue or whether this is an issue with our router, and what to do about it.

Any help is appreciated as it's very difficult to work from home!

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @aliciagarner 

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to your IT team? They may be able to help you get connected to the VPN that you use.

Chris

Hi, 

Yes I’ve spoken to my IT department, they’ve spent a few hours looking into it and have said it’s an issue with the network provider. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Did they say what they think the problem is, @aliciagarner?

Do you get any error messages when you try to connect to the VPN?
Chris

Hi, 

they aren’t sure what the problem is as they have no access to our router etc. 

From reading around online I understand it could be one of a few issues - port forwarding, no fixed IP address, EE using CGNAT. 

is there any way to get around this? As I mentioned, the EE personal hotpot in my mobile phone connects to the VPN with no problems. 

Try creating an additional APN Profile in the Huawei Router, copy the existing APN details across but set the IPV Settings to IPV4 Only and set the Authentication to PAP, save the New Profile, set it as Default then Reboot the Router, at the Same time Reboot ALL the Devices connected to the Router  including any Running VPN Software while the Router is Re Booting.