cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Unlimited Mobile Broadband Data Unlimited, or NOT?

Davmacrat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

We have been running Unlimited Mobile broadband for the last two years with EE using a Huwaei 5G H122-373 CPE Pro and an external aerial. This was instigated because we came together as an intergenerational family during Covid-19 and two of us were now working from home as a result of lockdowns etc. As working from home became more of the norm, more demands were placed on those people, hence data usage tended to increase. Now we are experiencing data throttling  regularly at the 3rd quarter of every month, to the point where those who need to work can't.

EE's fair usage policy has not changed from 600Gbs^-1 for unlimited plans since  before Covid-19. However, more and more people are having to work from home during the current economic climate. After contacting EE Technical Support, we were promised that the throttle would be removed for the rest of our contract, which would then come up for review. That seemed to happen, but for one month only. When the billing cycle renewed everything was reset.

Now here the rub; Given the obvious change in work behaviours, across the UK, causing a large change in data movement from the work place to the home, is it not time for ISP's such as EE to review outdated 'Fair Usage Policies', to cope with the demands placed on home workers in our post Covid-19 era and what is becoming a data intensive 21st century?

Comments: Discuss.

Kindest Regards

Davmacrat

6 REPLIES 6
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes it is Unlimited, you can use as much Data as you can Eat in any one Month, in other words you can still use the Unlimited Data once you go past the the 600gb FUP. 

If your Contract is a 4/5G Contract and was taken out around 2019 / 2020  you will probably find you can go about your Data use unhindered as back then the 1000gb which became 600gb was never Enforced, it only newer UL Contracts where the 600GB FUP now has some Restrictions inpossed once you hit the FUP, so you may want to think about when changing or upgrading your Contract.

On newer UL Data Contracts you can still use as much Data as you wish, however, once you hit the FUP your DL Speed may be reduced but the the UL Data Usage is still valid. 

Hi EssexBoyEE Thanks for this input. I've been speaking with EE recently. It appears we are using on average over the last 3 month 795Mb, primarily due to video conferencing by those working from home. However, I have recently looked at our Usage history, which in my eyes does not add up.

Davmacrat_0-1693921913950.png

According to the above, between 5 Aug and 7 Aug 23 we used just shy of 500Gb.  The same is true for between 5 and 11 July 23. That is not possible, or am I reading this incorrectly.

Thanks for your help.

D.

looks like more than 500gb, using them details your better off doing the Maths on Past Months rather than current Month ones, likes like your hitting and going past your FUP though.

Do you Gift Data?, that also is taken from your Data Usage Stats.

Very rarely need to gift data, and then it is usually only 5 or 10 Gb. I do not appear to be able to go back further than I have shown above. Do you know if this is possible?

thanks

D. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Davmacrat 

You can view all available past usage in your My EE account or by visiting add-on.ee.co.uk

Leanne. 

It only goes back a few months and does not give you any Data Usage Stats on current Month.

Looking at your previous Months, looks like you are eating your first 100gb of Data (also Gift Allowance) within a few days of each Month, so as previously mentioned you are probably hitting or exceeding your FUP most Months.

You can always call CS on 150 or 0800 956 6000 and ask them to confirm your Data usage.