cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei 4G B535 232 router - sudden performance issues on EE network

AdamInt
Contributor
Contributor

I am an experienced installed of 4G and 5G routers on the EE network with circa. 50+ customers, so would like to think I have a reasonable level of knowledge and experience with this technology. However, today I came across an issue that has completely stumped me!

A customer who had my service installed for around 2 years with zero issues reported an issue where performance had become varied. Using speed tests he was getting extremely varied results from different devices on his network, so initially look like Wi-Fi (which I also installed using Unifi APs).  Anyway, here's what happened during my troubleshooting.

1) Using two separate Huawei B535 routers both on version 10.x.x.x (the only stable releases, in my personal opinion) and using two separate EE unlimited SIM cards, plus using a direct Ethernet cable from my laptop to the LAN port on each router, I was only getting 1.5Mbps download. The rest of the home network was disconnected, so just my PC and nothing else.

2) Yet when I plugged back in his Wi-Fi network some devices were achieving 1.5Mbps download, whereas others were achieving  50Mbps.   It is worth noting all devices were in the same physical area, all connected to the 5GHZ Wi-Fi and similar spec machines. Weirdly, the performance seemed to stick with each individual device, but apparently only at certain times of the day !

I tried moving the router to a different location within the property, and even down to a stables building some distance from the main house, but the same symptoms existed.  All of the RSSI, RSRQ, SINR counters were very favourable (5 bars on the router LEDs too), but it was almost like some machines within the network were being granted performance and others were not.

I have spoken to EE a number of times and there are apparently no faults, so somewhat scratching my head over this one.

Would value any expert input. I am starting to think my reliable Huawei B535-232 may have an issue, but they have always been the very best device for the job until now.

1 REPLY 1
acharlwood
Investigator
Investigator

Hey - thought I'd cross post as have been experiencing similar issues (posted here) and would be interested to see any replied to this.