cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add EE4Gee mobile device to My EE account

Zeniamar
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I have recently bought a mobile router which is in perfect use after set up, however I am trying to add the device to My EE account to manage my data usage and Top Ups I have only once  been able to access the 192.168.1.1 site and logged in. However since then I have been unable to connect at all. I have tried mobile and PC but get messages unable to connect or server not responding or timed out. All I want to do is add my mobile 4Gee to my account. Is there any other way to do this please? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Zeniamar

Are you looking to link a pay as you go number to your pay monthly account?

Katie

Sent from the all-new AOL app for iOS

Hi Katie, no just looking to add the EE4G mobile router to my MY EE account so I can view data usage and top up's. I do not have an EE mobile or monthly contract. I have just bought the mobile router with 120gb pre paid data.

Thanks

Paul.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming @Zeniamar

As your router is active and still not linking I would recommend getting in touch with our customer care team who will be able to help link this for you. 

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Zeniamar : What happens when you try & link your mobile router's no. to MyEE? Logging into it via http://192.168.1.1 has nowt to do with registering it to MyEE. Perhaps you are mixing up the 2.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi Thanks For the reply, I'm not mixing up the two. The sim card I have in the router is data only I do not have a mobile phone and text Sim. My mobile phone contract is with Vodafone. To add a device to your MY EE account whilst signed into the App  EE send you a security pin number via text, (to my Data only sim)  I can only get this text and pin number form the IP address by Logging into it via http://192.168.1.1 putting in my password and reading my message text with the security code there.

Thing is I just can't get that ip address to open either by mobile phone, PC or Mac.

I just need EE to fix the IP address access, looking at other forums there seems to be many people with the same issue.

By the way the actual router is very good but I need the device added to check my data use.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, yes, you do have to access the router to read the received verification text. Sorry! 

Accessing it from http://192.168.1.1 should work as long you are browsing to it from a device already connected to it by WiFi. I see no other peeps not being able to browse to that IP; only some that get there but then can't get the pwd accepted. It is not common issue & you should be able to do it under the right conditions.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi Just to let you know here is the solution (second option) You need to put the data only sim from your EE mobile router into your phone, providing the phone is unlocked you go into add device in the app and as mentioned EE send a security number via text. As my phone is unlocked I actually received the text on my mobile phone and recovered the security number. Then added the number back into the app and device now registered. However I now have a message in my EE App.

"Something went wrong and we cannot show you your remaining data at the moment We're sorry about this. Please try again in a few minutes"

First time with EE been with VF for years, first impressions ????????

Yes, that also works but you shouldn't need to.

Is your device a 4G WiFi Router ? I have 1 & can access it at http://192.168.1.1 off the top of my head whenever I want to.