Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 5G smart Hub - Home tower broadband not reliable

JM007
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I purchased the EE 5g Smart Hub as I live in a remote part of the UK (Cotswolds) and was advised by the sales person at EE that this would be my best option as other provider would run through the phone line and be very slow. My EE 5G Smart Hub is in use for my garden office for my business as I work mainly from home. It is simply not reliable. The tower shows all the correct icons and colour but the signal drops my webex/teams/zooms calls/mobile calls all the time. My clients, prospects and peers always struggle to hear me. After calling EE a few times, it is not really improving. I keep being told we have reset the box, try it again but it is ver business unfriendly to say the least and reliability is close to 000.

I have now been obliged to purchase a BT home broadband through phone line. It is slow speed for uploads / downloads but it is reliable compared to the EE 5G Smart Hub.

Is anyone else having a similar experience with the EE 5G Smart Hub? Any advice or guidance would be welcome as EE support 1)  the waiting time is very long for a company of this caliber and 2) they are not able to provide a suitable outcome so far.

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JM007 

Welcome to the community.

How long have you had the 5G router for? Did you take it out in store or over the phone?

What is the estimated coverage like for you area?
Chris

Bought over the phone 4 months ago under the advice of the EE Sales Telesales as I live in a rural area.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @JM007 

What is the estimated coverage like for you area?

Chris

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 15.44.59.png

Christopher_G

Thanks, @JM007 

I can see why the download speeds may not be great. I recommend speaking with our Technical Support team so they can look into this and do their best to help.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Thanks. You may not have read my original post, I guess.

Best

JM

MitchyBEE
Visitor

I've had the EE 5g Smart Hub for a year now and I'm switching once I'm out of my contract. It is the most unreliable internet I've used. They advertise that it's great for multiple devices that are streaming and gaming but that is a lie. The 5g smart hub comes with massively high packet loss, plenty of outages, and internet speed that changes every second. Technical support doesn't help at all. When you ask for them to fix anything they say "You're internet speed is actually greater than expected or should be", "try resetting the router", and "your coverage is great for your area". Which doesn't help at all because when you do a speed test any internet provider purposely boosts your internet for the test, and resetting the router doesn't work because the router is not the problem.....  I hope someone reads this and it persuades them not to buy. It will save you a lot of frustration if you go elsewhere. Honestly feels like you're being gas lit as a customer at EE.