cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 4g mini WiFi

Shaunw1
Investigator
Investigator

I have a monthly mini 4g WiFi contract for use in my static caravan. I use it to connect my fire stick to my smart TV. It connects easily enough but when I go into a channel it is just a black screen with no volume. I have tried this with 2 SIM cards but still no success. Anybody else had this problem?  Also when I use it with the PAYG SIM card I originally had in it from Argos, I have no problems at all. 

10 REPLIES 10
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE PAYG Sims tend not to use IPV6 so is normally accessed via IPV4, so for Contract Monthly Sims set your Router for IPV4 Only. 

Go to the 4G WiFi Settings via the Admin Login and go to Profile, you will need to create another New Profile and change the APN Settings for IPV4 Only and also change the Authentication to PAP, save this new Profile as example EE IPV4 Only, then set this new Profile as the Default Profile. 

Then Reboot everything all at the same time, ie, 4G Router, TV and re connect yout Firesticks. 

Wait for everything to re power back up and try that. 

Report back your findings 

nanamin
Visitor

I have a monthly mini 4g WiFi contract for use in my static caravan. I use it to connect my fire jpspin88, jpspin88 daftar stick to my smart TV. It connects easily enough but when I go into a channel it is just a black screen with no volume. I have tried this with 2 SIM cards but still no success. Anybody else had this problem?  Also when I use it with the PAYG SIM card I originally had in it from Argos, I have no problems at all. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nanamin 

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to connect other devices to the router when the pay monthly SIM is inserted?

Chris

Hi. Yes I can connect both my iPhone and iPad and see all content. Thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @Shaunw1 

Have you tried the steps @EssexBoyEE posted? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne. I’m actually trying this again at the moment but I’m really struggling with it. Thanks 

Leanne_T

Hi @Shaunw1 

Thanks for coming back to me, if this options are not showing or the same happens after trying this, please call us and our tech guides will run through some troubleshooting to get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

Thanks for your reply Leanne. I have tried this with no success. They advised I went to an EE store and they just gave me a new SIM card. 

Leanne_T

I see @Shaunw1 

If the replacement SIM card has not worked, the team will be able to continue with the troubleshooting and let you know what is needed to get this sorted for you. 

Leanne.