Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 4G Wi-Fi constant power saving mode

Edst2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

got an we 4g Wi-Fi straight out of box today. Initially wouldn’t connect to anything but then got four bars of signal in the loft (three in bedroom below). But only Mac in home office will connect to internet. Sky box, PlayStation and phone all connect to 4g WiFi device but indicate that it isn’t connected to the internet.

Aquamarine light comes on but only for a couple of minutes then switches to power save mode. I have tried rebooting and factory reset and doesn’t seem to work. Please help

15 REPLIES 15
Edst2
Investigator
Investigator

Sorry- how do you switch to IPv4 only?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Edst2

Thanks for coming here. 

Is your SIM a pay as you go or pay monthly SIM?

Katie

Hi Katie it is a monthly pay with unlimited data 

thanks

Christopher_G

Hi @Edst2 

Welcome to the community.

Just as an experiment, could you try it outside the property with one of your mobile devices connected to it?

Chris

Since first message discovered that my phone connects if I change from 2.4GHz default to 5GHz.

this connection is maintained if I leave the house. Tried to connect three TVs - one son’s works as expected the other’s connected to EE 4G device but not internet. The same is true for the family TV, the skybox and the PS5 - all connected to the ee 4g device but not the internet 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks.

What does our coverage checker estimate your coverage to be like, @Edst2?

Chris

Ok but not great. Ofcom estimates it better than EE - but one TV works perfectly so don’t understand how coverage would be the issue 

Christopher_G

Some devices may need a stronger connection, @Edst2.

Are you able to forget the WiFi connection on the devices that aren't working and set them up again from scratch?

Chris

Thanks - will try that