cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crap service

Carolb5
Investigator
Investigator

Since upgrade works in November my broadband has been shocking with regular outages. Have contacted EE several times and all they can say is can’t say when it will be sorted and here’s a credit off your account.  It’s making working from home almost impossible now and my bosses are not happy 

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carolb5 : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Is it the BB as a whole dropping or just the WiFi connections? Do Ethernet connected devices stay working? What colours are the light sequence when it happens?

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks but we know it’s not the router.  Next door is with BT who are now partnered with EE and they are on the same transmitter as are most of our street and the signal is dreadful.  We went with the SIM router as it was supposed to be the best and quickest option for us but as I said since they upgraded the transmitter to 5G which they say is not available in our area but the phones are picking up when it DOES work the signal is atrocious and we are constantly getting messages that “there is a message near home” that they are working on.  This is an almost daily occurrence and in some cases several times a day!  

Your name just came up!

XRaySpeX mentioned you in a conversation. Visit Re: Crap serviceto check it out and reply.

Here's what they said:

@Carolb5 : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Is it the BB as a whole dropping or just the WiFi connections? Do Ethernet connected devices stay working? What colours are the light sequence when it happens?

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checkerestimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Reply | Mark as the solution | Mark as helpful

MamaLiz
Explorer

I am having the same issue since Nov I am loosing broadband a few times a day. Rebooting the Hub doesn't help. We don't have fibreoptic and a 5G airial on the chimney giae better MB than a lined Broadband. Now it's rubbish.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MamaLiz 

Thanks for coming here. 

Which router are you using? 

Is this mobile or home broadband? 

Leanne 🙂

hello Leanne
the signal comes through a EE 5G signal to an airial on the chimney as I
said. it has a special Hub "Soyealink" that comes with the package.
it's worked fine for 2 years but now started droppng off and I need to
press the button in the back on a regular basis.

we live in the countryside, can't get fibre optic to the house and BT
broadband only give 1.1-1.3 MB maximum. that's why we wett to this 5G
system.

Liz
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @MamaLiz 

Do you have any other EE mobile devices? If so, do they have signal?

Once the router has been reset does the connection return? 

Leanne.