cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant engaged tone on my data SIM 'landline'.

Enfrance
Explorer

I'm using an Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 router  with an EE data only SIM. I have a Panasonic cordless phone attached via the socket on the rear. This arrangement has worked well with my Huawei 4G CPE Pro 2 with no problems.

Unfortunately, the cordless phone now, instead of the normal continuous dial tone is making a constant engaged tone. Obviously this means that I can't dial out or receive calls.

Could anyone suggest what the difference might be between the two routers that could cause this to happen?

Just for information I have a small smoke alarm system using the WIFI I am using the 2.4Ghz connection. So would prefer to stay with that rather than the 5ghz. Not sure if this is significant.

In any reply, please bear in mind that I'm not an expert on this hence my enquiry, so please treat me gently!

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Enfrance : Does the router have a SIP ALG setting you can play with?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Enfrance
Explorer

I found the SIP ALG item and it is turned on and it mentioned a Port 5060. I turned it off which made no difference to the engaged tone but there were no alternatives shown for the Port number.