cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for mobile router

Billy0411
Visitor

I bought mobile router and phone from my local store

I explained why we need a mobile router to work in Spain. We were not informed that there would be an additional charge for use abroad. We attended the store in South Shields yesterday and they advised we request a refund for the additional charges applied to the account which currently amount to approx ,£181.00 with another bill due on 14th may. They confirmed we have unlimited usage and should not have been charged this extra amount.

Thank you William and Anne xxxx

[Mod edit: Removed employee's surname.]

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Billy0411 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

To get the charges looked into, please get in touch with our customer care team who will be happy to help 🙂

Thanks. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it on contract or PAYG?

How long did you use it in Spain? £181 looks like a high charge for lengthy use on contract.

On contract you will always be charged £2.29 / day for using your SIM in the EU.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)