cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed to a non existant phone number

Alex379
Visitor

Hello,

I signed up to a 4G business broadband deal. I set up the direct debit etc. Then I was billed £50 deposit for service to a phone number that I don't have (unless this is the phone number associated with the 4G dongle sim?).

I never recieved any confirmation emails or details of the contract, and I'm sure it never mentioned a deposit when I signed up to the offer.

The bill says call 150 from the EE phone number, I don't have one!

The service has been suspended, but the direct debit is still being taken every month. When I log in to the account there is no mention of an outstanding fee.

I called customer service and got put on hold until I lost patience and had to hang up.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex379  If the service is suspended then the payment being made doesn’t make sense as you only get suspended for none payment.   You need to call customer support to get this looked in too 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex379 : Your mobile Broadband router contains a SIM & all SIMs have a mobile number.

Look at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see its mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)