cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g coverage on a NR5103e

archercj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have recently aquired a NR5103e router (which is basically Three's version of the EE NR5103 with 'arguable' slightly better firmware).

Anyway it was a doddle to setup with my EE sim but I am after some feedback, either from NR5013e users or NR5103 users, as to 5g signal coverage.

The area I am testing the device in (LS26 8WJ) doesnt have a good status regarding 5g coverage. But if I stick the EE sim in my Google Pixel 6 Pro I get 5g coverage reported at the top of the phone (although I am suspicious of that) plus speeds of 20-40mbps on occasion. I say suspicious because some of my testing apps only show 4g+ LTE (Band 3) whilst others are stating 5g.

Anyway baring this in mind, when I put the EE sim in the router, I never get any bars showing for a 5G signal but 4g+ is full signal.

I have seen reports that many of the NR5103e router were shipped with a fault where they could never receive a 5G signal. I just wondered if, even in a marginal area where my phone shows 5g, I should be seeing some status within the router that there is a 5g signal even if it latches on to 4g+ all the time.

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @archercj 

If your router is connecting to 5G, it should show a 5G indicator. Are you able to try it in an area with a stronger 5G coverage?

Chris

archercj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not until the weekend Chris. I will give it a go then

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @archercj 

Let us know what happens please.

Chris