cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Wifi Hub Keeps Turning Off

MQ31
Visitor

Why does my 5G Wifi keep turning itself off!?

I have had 4/5 days with no issue. Then today my 5GEE Wifi Box is constantly turning off after a couple mins of being on. Its on charge with the cable in and will just disconnect randomly as if the battery has died. Ive tried unplugging LAN and only using WiFi, the box still turns off after a couple minutes. I've tried a soft reset by turning off, unplugging and then starting again. But the issue persists whether I use WiFi or ethernet cable, charge for several minutes before use and unplug charger or keep the charger in...

For context: I upgraded my 4GEE wifi to the 5G WiFi with LAN capability. I have a cat7 ethernet from the box to my ps5. Started up as usual, then got a notification on my ps5 that my LAN was disconnected, but it was intact and solid in both ends, but all 3 lights on the 5GEE box were out, so I thought i may have left it unplugged earlier in the day and maybe the battery was low, except the light was on as it was plugged into a socket. I fail to see a battery or connection issue as the ps5 is picking it up no problem... Can anyone HELP!?

4 REPLIES 4
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Can you remove the Battery from the MiFi Device, is so what happens when you remove it and run the Router without the Battery.

Are you using the original USB Cable that come with it.

Have you tried a different USB Charger, I assume the charger never came with the MiFi Router.

Dwigz
Visitor

Did you get a resolution? Mine started doing the same thing 6 days ago. Its been fine since November but then I turned it off and on 6 days ago and since then it just turns itself off. Customer support said it was a signal issue but my iphone with EE has good signal. I wonder if they only have a limited shelf life?

@Dwigz I dont know your Device Model, but as its a battery powered device it could be its switching itself Off if no devices are connected to its Wifi after a period of time.

Check within the Admin Settings if this can be changed, or do you have a Device that you can permanently connect to its WiFi as a Test to see if this is still happening.

Davidetr88
Visitor

Same thing happened to me also with a ps5 and a lan cable after it happened first time ran WiFi then the very next day constantly turning it's self off.

Tried reset button on the bottom nothing and now it can't stay on for more than a few seconds I can't even try to preform a firmware update.

Think time to contact ee get a new 1 sent out and no ethernet cable this time! what is the point of having a lan port if it can't be used without it going haywire