cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wi Fi Extender issue with EE TV Box mini.

Michael21111
Explorer

I am having a problem with the EE TV box mini. Changed to EE from BT for broadband and TV. They did not send a replacement router as they said all my old BT equipment would work fine. This included a BT WiFi extender for the bedroom (BT Essentials WiFi Extender 300)   I was sent the main TV box pro and two TV box mini's to replace the old BT TV set up.

The main TV box pro and one of the TV box mini's connected to the main WiFi using WPS  with no problems. However, the second TV box mini will not recognise the boosted WiFi signal from the BT booster. It does recognise the main WiFi signal but says it is too weak. The boosted signal is not recognised or listed as an option despite all other devices recognising and using it (Fire Stick, Mobile, Laptop, SMART TV etc).

After hours spent on mobile calls with EE technicians, moving boxes and TV's from room to room, connecting and re-connecting TV boxes I was eventually told that the BT extender was at fault and that I would have to buy a new SMART Hub and extender set up. 

I am in the process of trying to cancel.

Dreadful  experience.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael21111
Explorer

I seem to be having a related problem with the EE TV box mini. Changed to EE from BT for broadband and TV. They did not send a replacement router as they said all my old BT equipment would work fine. This included a BT WiFi extender for the bedroom (BT Essentials WiFi Extender 300)   I was sent the main TV box pro and two TV box mini's to replace the old BT TV set up.

The main TV box pro and one of the TV box mini's connected to the main WiFi using WPS  with no problems. However, the second TV box mini will not recognise the boosted WiFi signal from the BT booster. It does recognise the main WiFi signal but says it is too weak. The boosted signal is not recognised or listed as an option despite all other devices recognising and using it (Fire Stick, Mobile, Laptop, SMART TV etc).

After hours spent on mobile calls with EE technicians, moving boxes and TV's from room to room, connecting and re-connecting TV boxes I was eventually told that the BT extender was at fault and that I would have to buy a new SMART Hub and extender set up. 

Dreadful  experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Michael21111
Explorer

I seem to be having a related problem with the EE TV box mini. Changed to EE from BT for broadband and TV. They did not send a replacement router as they said all my old BT equipment would work fine. This included a BT WiFi extender for the bedroom (BT Essentials WiFi Extender 300)   I was sent the main TV box pro and two TV box mini's to replace the old BT TV set up.

Dreadful  experience.