cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G wifi mini

Luna1234
Investigator
Investigator

I bought a 4g wifi mini box from Argos a few weeks ago. It came with 60gb free data, I used all of that up watching TV on my smart Roku TV with no problems and that run out a few days ago. 

Today I called EE and got the 4g box sim put on a monthly data contract so I would have unlimited data on it. But now for some reason my TV won't connect to it, it keeps saying no Internet connection - but my phone connects and has wifi no problem. My TV connects to my phone hotspot without any issues.

I've tried factory reset, changing network speeds, plugging it into the TV ect but nothing is working and I can't get it to connect.

Does anyone have any solutions please?

It's so frustrating as I literally only got the data contract today for use of my TV, where I live we're not able to get a router for ourselves so I have to rely on this 

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Luna1234 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you able to try the router SIM card in your phone and hotspot to the TV, does this work? 

Leanne.

Yes that works, so it must be the actual box that is the problem 

Leanne_T

Thanks for confirming this works for you @Luna1234 

Are you able to try another SIM card in the router to see if this works with the TV? 

Leanne.

Unlikely! There's no diff in routing a TV & routing a phone.

Have you tried telling TV to forget its existing network connection & reconnecting it afresh?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I tried my mobile sim card in the router and my TV wouldn't connect to that either so I'm guessing it's a problem with the router?

Yes I've tried this multiple times over multiple days and had no luck. I've tried everything I can think of. I just don't understand why it was working before and why it isn't now 

Leanne_T

Hi @Luna1234 

Thanks for trying, I would suggest getting in touch with our tech guides on either 150 or 07953 966 150, and they will get this looked into in more detail for you. 

Leanne.