cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Mobile WIFI won't connect

natvaux81
Investigator
Investigator

I recently changed from pay as you go to pay monthly on my 4G Mobile WiFi. Since then it won't connect to any streaming service on the TV's, Nvidia Box, PlayStation 5 etc.

Advise was to contact every brand of TV its not working because its not their problem! So I have to call LG, JVC, Sony, NVidia, and TCL?

Works perfectly fine with the phone and tablets and everything was working perfectly fine on pay as you go.

No help at all from technical services!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No pix attached!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @natvaux81 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you able to try the SIM card in a another device/phone to see if you can connect to these devices? 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Yes I have.

It was working perfectly fine as pay as you go on Friday then changed to a
rolling 30 day contract.

It's every streaming service not working, Netflix, YouTube, amazon Prime
which all were working fine up to that point
Leanne_T

Hi @natvaux81 

Did the SIM card work in the phone since transferring to pay monthly? 

Do you get an error message when trying to stream? 

Leanne. 

Yes it did.

Various errors, all show excellent connection but no Internet.

Netflix shows NW2-5, Amazon shows unable to connect.

Attached a pic of the Roku TV.

No pix attached!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

1000026700.jpg

natvaux81
Investigator
Investigator

I recently changed from pay as you go to pay monthly on my 4G Mobile WiFi. Since then it won't connect to any streaming service on the TV's, Nvidia Box, PlayStation 5 etc.

Advise was to contact every brand of TV its not working because its not their problem! So I have to call LG, JVC, Sony, NVidia, and TCL?

Works perfectly fine with the phone and tablets and everything was working perfectly fine on pay as you go.

No help at all from technical services!

Christopher_G

Hi @natvaux81 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems. It's strange that it's working with some devices but not others. Have you tried restarting the router?

Chris

Yes I have.

I have put my phone sim into the router and the same errors (no streaming etc) occurred. 

The sim from the mobile broadband in my phone works perfect so seems an issue with the router itself.

As I said it was all working fine when it was pay as you go through the modem