Did you mean: 

ee sign in keeps asking for pin. bloody sick. dont want pin code set up

kerrymarie
Visitor

12 REPLIES 12
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kerrymarie : If you're referring to the MyEE app, it does need a PIN unless you want biometric auth.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@kerrymarie  even with using a biometric like fingerprint or Face ID you set up a pin because your biometric will then enter that pin for you and automatically log you in.   
this pin code is what keeps your EE account secure on your device. 

Wilsondan_94
Explorer

I second this. The app already asks me to login to my EE account using email and password, it also uses Face ID, why do I need a pin also? Every time the app updates it also resets the pin 

Yeah it just started asking me to do this, every time it’s updated. Just been using my face id for years!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sandraxmaria,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Once you've set a PIN, you'll be able to reactivate your biometric login.

James

@sandraxmaria   If this only after an update it’s not a big deal.  ( I don’t get this with every update).  But if you log out of the app it will ask you for the pin.   If you just close the app then any biometric login will work every time. 

Designtype
Investigator
Investigator

Signing in to EE on a Mac desktop via a browser EE asks you for email/username and password.

Signing in to the iOS app I have to sign in by entering my email/username (which I do by using touch ID) and then entering my password  (again which I do by using touch ID) - then it ALWAYS asks me to SET UP my PIN and then repeat the PIN. It then asks if I want to use Touch ID to open the app to which I answer YES. Then I get the Welcome to My EE and "Let's get your device set up to work with our app. To do this we'll need your permission to access some features on your device." and so I go through saying I want to allow updates and then I am in!

The iOS app does NOT remember the PIN you set up previously or that you wanted biometric entry even though it is ticked in the app settings - it is as kerrymarie says **** annoying!

I am using the latest app albeit on iOS 15.7.9 on an iPhone 7

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Designtype,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is this happening very time you log in or just after an update?

James

Designtype
Investigator
Investigator

Hi James,

Every time - even if I have just logged out and log back in!

On the desktop through a browser it is fine - it's just on iOS devices

Kevin